Scope health and wellbeing in your school
The HPS health and wellbeing self-review tool describes the degree to which health and wellbeing practices, policies and behaviours are integrated into the school culture, and contribute to improved health and educational outcomes in the school community. ERO was consulted throughout the process.
To find out more about the HPS health and wellbeing self-review tool click here.
Click on the link below for the online rubric tool
- Online rubric tool (Excel 2007, 50 kB)
The HPS health and wellbeing internal evaluation rubric is based on the ERO’s six domains of practice described in their external evaluation indicators. It describes the progression of practice under each domain when ERO’s recommended internal evaluation process is used. The HPS health and wellbeing rubric explicitly aligns with EROs recommended internal evaluation process.
The school community health and wellbeing rubric ratings can be:
- gathered by HPS providers to input into the HPS database
- or entered by you using our HPS health and wellbeing internal evaluation calculator here.
The HPS database and calculator provides graphs that track each schools progress across each of the domain over time and measures the effect size shift, so that schools can measure the level of significance of shifts in practice.
In order to review the degree to which health and wellbeing practices, policies and behaviours are integrated into the school culture and contribute to improved health and educational outcomes in your school community:
- Download the pdf version of the tool above.
- There are six domains and a number of dimensions. For each domain and dimension, identify the description and number that best describes your school.
- An important question is “What evidence do we have that tells us where we are at in each of the domains?”
- Click on the online rubric tool above to record your ratings under each domain and dimension.
- The online tool will automatically produce a graph. Keep the spreadsheet and graph to use as a record.
- If you would like to access the free HPS support for your school/Kahui Ako, please click here.